Despite the forecast, live like its spring. – Lily Pulitzer
Trees, plants and fields are finally starting to turn green again. A transitional season, spring is a time of renewal and the beginning of a new cycle of life. There is no question why I welcome the spring season. It makes me feel hopeful, revived and I look forward to a new recharging in all aspects of my life.
The air seems fresher, my steps seem lighter and spring fever fills my soul. Life just seems a bit prettier in the spring. No more excuses for putting off that morning jog/walk because the roads are covered with ice or snow. No more lounging on the couch all day, the weather is just too nice to waste on that.
The leaves we saw fall and the wilting flowers of winter are now budding with vibrant colors of green, red, yellow, pinks and purples. Spring is a positive season self-awareness and positive outcomes. It is the perfect time to start a new home project, begin a new book, finally enforce that New Year’s resolution of going to the gym, or trying a new recipe.
Spring helps us realize and reflect on past lessons learned, and encourages us to embrace and adapt to the start of new changes over time. For this reason it will remain my favorite season.
Happy first day of spring 2017!
What new changes do you plan on making for the spring season?
Hair can be damaged by environmental elements (sun, cold, wind) as well as everyday styling products and styling tools. For hair that is dull or damaged a hair mask can help restore your hairs natural beauty and shine. This easy deep conditioning mask I will share with you will not only hydrate but strengthen your hair. It is made with avocado and banana so it contains no chemicals and does not leave an odor when rinsed out. Because I have naturally curly hair it tends to be dry so this mask is my go to treatment to bring my curls back to life.
(Be sure to prepare the mask as needed to avoid spoilage.)
Hair Mask Ingredients:
- 1/2 Avocado, mashed
- 1/2 Banana, mashed
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Puree avocado and banana in a blender until it is well blended (no clumps).
- Add in beaten egg and oil to mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Drape a towel around your shoulders as it may get a little messy during application.
- Apply the mask to dry hair starting at the top of your head and massage the mask into your roots. Work your way to the ends of your hair applying generous amounts to your ends.
- Place a shower cap or plastic bag to cover your hair and let mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water (warm or hot water will cook the egg) and wash with the shampoo of your choice. Repeat shampoo if necessary.
- Style hair as usual.
The avocado moisturizes your scalp while the amino acids in the banana condition the hair to bring out the shine. This mask can be applied weekly as needed.
Your hair will “THANK YOU“!