Hair can be damaged by environmental elements (sun, cold, wind) as well as everyday styling products and styling tools. For hair that is dull or damaged a hair mask can help restore your hairs natural beauty and shine. This easy deep conditioning mask I will share with you will not only hydrate but strengthen your hair. It is made with avocado and banana so it contains no chemicals and does not leave an odor when rinsed out. Because I have naturally curly hair it tends to be dry so this mask is my go to treatment to bring my curls back to life.
(Be sure to prepare the mask as needed to avoid spoilage.)
Hair Mask Ingredients:
- 1/2 Avocado, mashed
- 1/2 Banana, mashed
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Puree avocado and banana in a blender until it is well blended (no clumps).
- Add in beaten egg and oil to mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Drape a towel around your shoulders as it may get a little messy during application.
- Apply the mask to dry hair starting at the top of your head and massage the mask into your roots. Work your way to the ends of your hair applying generous amounts to your ends.
- Place a shower cap or plastic bag to cover your hair and let mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water (warm or hot water will cook the egg) and wash with the shampoo of your choice. Repeat shampoo if necessary.
- Style hair as usual.
The avocado moisturizes your scalp while the amino acids in the banana condition the hair to bring out the shine. This mask can be applied weekly as needed.
Your hair will “THANK YOU“!